The contributions of older Americans is recognized each May. This year’s theme is “Engage at Every Age”, which emphasizes that you are never too old to enrich your physical and emotional well-being.
To encourage healthy and productive Golden Years, consider these tips:
- Get an annual medical exam. Annual visits are important for identifying potential health issues early. Medicare and most Medicare Advantage and Supplement plans cover annual exams at no extra cost. Check with your plan for details.
- Take medications as prescribed. And make sure your doctor knows everything you take, including over the counter drugs.
- Stop smoking. Some Medicare plans cover smoking cessation counseling and prescription medications.
- Exercise. Exercise. Regular exercise will help older adults stay independent and prevent many health problems that come with age. Many Medicare Advantage and Supplement plans offer exercise programs such as Silver Sneakers at no extra cost.
- Socialize and have fun! Make time for activities you enjoy and seek out others whose company you enjoy.
- Plan for Incapacity and End of Life. Don’t wait until it’s too late. Stop worrying about who will make decisions for you if you become incapacitated or who will get your assets when you pass. Schedule an appointment with an Estate Planning or Elder Law attorney and make a plan.
Questions? The Law Office of Debra Simms is here to help. Call us today 386.256.4882
This blog post is not case-specific and is provided only for educational purposes and is not intended to provide specific legal advice. Blog topics may or may not be updated and entries may be out-of-date at the time you view them.