Wills Attorney Volusia County

A Will leaves your property to whomever you want when you die. If you do not have a Will, the State of Florida will write one for you. This might result in your property NOT going to the people you want. You can also designate a charity in your Will, or even create a Pet Trust.

A Will can also simplify the process of probate (the administration of your will in the courts) after your death, by appointing a Personal Representative (some states call this person the Executor) to help ease the probate process so that your heirs can receive their property more quickly.


In a will, you can also make sure that your Personal Representative does not have to post a bond. You can also decide whether you want your Personal Representative to be paid for the work he or she does in administrating your estate. Most people do not want their children to receive compensation for this, especially if they have other children who would not receive this same compensation.

You can also designate a guardian for young children in your Will. This is extremely important if you have young children and are a single parent. However, couples should also name a guardian for minor children just in case there is a common disaster.

Is your estate planning up to date?

The Law Office of Debra G. Simms Can Help

Ms. Simms can make the process of writing a Will quite easy.  Call the Law Office of Debra G. Simms for a consultation.

Contact Us

Port Orange Office:
Prestige Executive Center
823 Dunlawton Ave. Unit C
Port Orange, FL 32129
Local: 386.256.4882
Toll Free: 877.447.4667
New Smyrna Beach Office:
817 E. 7th Ave
New Smyrna Beach FL, 32169
Local: 386.256.4882
Toll Free: 877.447.4667